Dhakshina Nava Brindhavan
It is in a place called Shenbakkam near vellor, Tamilnadu
Eight saints belonging to Dwitha philosophy found by Sri Madwacharya had chosen to take Jeevabrindhavan here. The ninth one is mirthika Brindhavan of Guru Sri Raghavendra Swamy. Thus in total nine brindavan are housed here and hence named ‘Nava Brindhavan”.
Shenbakkam is located on the banks of the river “Palar”,Vellore district. It is located around 130Kms from Chennai and 200 Kms from Bangalore.
This place is famous for more than 800 years. Jagadguru Sri Madhvacharya said to be here for sometime and visited the place. Sri Vyasa Tirtha did his installation of Sri Hanumantha at the same place. Mantralaya mahaprabhu Sri Raghavendra Swamiji stayed in this place for 14 days and did pooja of the holy saints.
The nine Brindavan of this place are of the following saints:
1. Sri Vidyapathi theertharu of Sri Uttradhi matt
2. Sri Sathyadirajaru of Uttradhimutt
3. Sanyasi shisya Sri Kesava wodeyaru
4. Sanyasi shisya Sri Govinda Madhava wodeyaru
5. Sanyasi shisya Sri Boovaraha wodeyaru
6. Sanyasi shisya Sri Raghunatha wodeyaru
7. Sri Sripathi Tirtharu of Vyasaraja Mutt
8. Sri Kambaluru Ramachachandra Tirtha of Vyasaraja Mutt
9. Mrithika Brindhavan of Guru Sri Raghavendra Swamy