ಅರ್ಥಿಕಲ್ಪಿತ ಕಲ್ಪೋಽಯಂ ಪ್ರತ್ಯರ್ಥಿ ಗಜಕೇಸರೀ |
ವ್ಯಾಸತೀರ್ಥ ಗುರುರ್ಭೂಯಾತ್ ಅಸ್ಮದಿಷ್ಥಾರ್ಥ ಸಿದ್ದಯೇ ||
arthikalpita kalpO&yaM pratyarthi gajakEsarI |
vyaasatIrtha gururbhUyaat asmadiShthaartha siddayE ||
sri Vyasarajaru is the avathara of Sanku karna roopa. His different avatharas are Prahlada, Bahleekarajaru, Vyasarjaru and Raghavendra thirtharu
Sri vyasarajaru was born in the year 1447 near Bannur, Mysore on the banks of river cauvery, into the family of old couple Balanna and Lakshmi of Kashyapa gothra. His poorvashrama name was yatiraja. He was given sanyasaashrama in the year 1454 by Sri Brahmanya Tirtha.
He had the opportunity to study under great giants of Madhwa siddhantha such as Sri Brahmanya theertharu and Sripadarajaru
His works on Dvaitha siddhantha such as Tarka Tandava, Nyayamritam & Tatparya Chandrika, is a great treasure and thats why he is called Chandrikacharya
It was the golden era of vyasarjaru period. He had great sishyathva in dasa paramapara such as purandara dasaru and kanaka dasaru. It was also the period of Vadirajaru and Vijayeendra theertharu .
He continuously did pooja to Thirupathi thimmappa for 12 long years
He had a great association with the king Krishna devaraaya of Vijaya Nagara empire. He removed the kuha yoga of the King.
His aradhana falls on Phalguna bahula chathurthi and his brindavana is located at Nava brindavana, Anegundi
Sthothras by Vyasarayaru:
- Tatparya Chandrike
- Tarka Tandavam
- Tatvaviveka Mandara manjari
- Mayavada Kandana Mandara Manjari
- Upadhikandana Mandara Manjari
- Prapancha Mithyaatvaanumaanakandana Mandaramanjari
- Tattvaviveka Mandara Manjari
- Srikrishna mangalastakam
- Srinivasa Stotram
- Prameya Navamaalika
- Yantroddaraka Stotra
- Sripadaraja Panchamalika Stotra
- Brahmanya Tirtha pancharatnamaalika Stotra
- Sattarka Vilasa
- Vaayustuti punsacharana vidhi
- Hanumatsamprokshana vidhi
- Vedanta sangraha Khandana
Sri vyasarajaru theertharu consolidates dvaita (madhwa philosophy in single sloka)
ಶ್ರೀಮನ್ಮಧ್ವಮತೇ ಹರಿಃ ಪರತರಃ ಸತ್ಯಂ ಜಗತ್ ತತ್ವತೋ ।
ಭೇದೋ ಜೀವಗಣಾ ಹರೇರನುಚರಾಃ ನೀಚೋಚ್ಚಭಾವಂ ಗತಾಃ ।।
ಮುಕ್ತಿರ್ನೈಜಸುಖಾನುಭೂತಿರಮಲಾ ಭಕ್ತಿಶ್ಚ ತತ್ಸಾಧನಂ
ಹ್ಯಕ್ಷಾದಿತ್ರಿತಯಂ ಪ್ರಮಾಣಮಖಿಲಾಮ್ಯ್ನಾಯೈಕವೇದ್ಯೋ ಹರಿಃ ।।
Sriman Madhvamate: Harih Paratarah, Satyam Jagat, Tattvatho Bhedho Jivagana, Hareranucara, Nichoccabhavam gatah |
Muktir Naijasukhanubhutir, Amala Bhaktih Tatsadhanam, Hyakshradi Tritayam Pramanam, Akhilamnayaikavedyo Harih ||
Sriman Madhwa Mathe
1 . Harih para tarah – Hari is the Supreme Being.
2 . Satyam Jagat – The world is Real, not Mithya or illusion.
3 . Tatvato Bhedah – Difference is Real.
4 . Jeeva Gana Hare ranu charah – All the Jivas are Hari’s Servants.
5 . Neecho cha bhavam gatah – with gradation among them.
6. Muktirnaija sukhanubhutih – Mukti is the enjoyment of (the soul’s) innate bliss.
7. Amala Bhaktischa tat Sadhanam – pure bhakti is the means of attaining mukti.
8. Akshadi Tritayam pramanam – there are three sources to gain knowledge namely :-
- Knowing things through “Eyes and other Indriya Prathyaksha”,
- knowing by inference, “Anumana” , and
- By Shastras ‘Agama”. Tru Knowledge of the world can be gained by the above three means. It is “Tritayam”.
9. Akhilamnaiyaika Vedyo Harih -Lord Sri Hari can be known by Amna (or, Veda) only.
check other links:
- Dasara padagalu on Vyasarayaru
- Vyasarayara charanakamala darusanavenage(Suladi by Purandara dasaru)
- Vyasarayara suladhi(by Vijaya dasaru)
Sthotras by vyasaryaru:
- Yantrodharaka Hanuman Stothram
- Grantha Malika Stotram
- Srinivasa stothram
- Laghu shiva sthuthi
- Sripadaraja pancha ratna maalika stothra